Before entering Education, I was a Store Manager for Tesco in London. I decided to take a career break and travel, and lived in South America for awhile. While out there, I reflected on my life (as you do) and what I really wanted to do in the future. I came to the conclusion that I wanted a career that involved helping young people. And Andy Hagon Coaching is a continuation of that mission – to help pupils and school staff be happier in their studies and work, and achieving their goals .
Working in education is tough and frenetic, with fleeting opportunities to up skill and reflect on how we do things, and how we interact with one another. I hope through my work, therefore, to inspire, encourage and support pupils and school staff to really get to know themselves, and what they are truly capable of.
Training and Development
It’s important to improve your skills as a Coach, and as a member of Coaching Circles I have the opportunity to coach other Coaches and improve my practice, but also be coached and benefit from some of the best coaching in Yorkshire. My credentials include:
– Qualified Coach
– Trained TLG Coach (student intervention coaching)
– Member of Coaching York
– Member of Coaching Circles
– Diploma in Personal Coaching
– Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
– Specialist Leader in Education for all 4 categories
– Trained Facilitator with Carnegie Leaders
– Licensed to deliver MTQ48, AQR360 and ILM72 psychometric testing, and AQR Resilience training
I’ve worked in many schools across the country, I’ve been an Education Consultant and the Head of the Graduate Teacher Programme in the North of England for a private education company, and an Education Officer for a Local Education Authority too. Most recently, I have worked as a Senior Leader in a challenging inner city Academy for 8 years responsible for Behaviour Management, and previous to that, for Teaching and Learning.
As well as coaching, I’m currently:
- a part time teacher
- engaged in SLE work for a North Yorkshire Teaching School Alliance
- a Primary School Governor
- a Volunteer in a local Primary School
- a Member of York City Council’s Learning and Culture Policy and Scrutiny Committee
- a Sunday School Leader