‘If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.’
Be the best you can be
So what’s at stake? If we are to provide a future full of hope and possibility, to achieve broader outcomes for our learners, and elicit the very best from everyone who is part of the school community, then we must change our mindset and actions in order to positively affect the dynamics for success inside schools. And coaching can provide the venue, rich with language and skills, to seek, find and develop, the very best within.
Through coaching, I offer leaders the opportunity to create their own solutions in a safe environment, developing excellence and maximising performance through personal and practical reflection. Because coaching language and skills requires alignment of the integrity of one’s attitudes and behaviours, coaching continually strengthens emotional intelligence for self awareness, self control, motivation, social awareness and skill enhancement. Coaching challenges the leader to walk the talk and to continuously grow and improve.
The benefits of coaching to your school or college include:
- preparation for a role or career change; managing stress, change, conflict or a crisis;
- enhancing personal impact and performance;
- supporting the appointment of a person into a different role/ promotion;
- accelerating the development of staff identified as high potential;
- acting as an objective and independent sounding board to a leader;
- offering tailored professional development as a means of rewarding and retaining key staff critical to the school or college.
The Benefits of using an External Coach
A confidential forum for discussion
People sometimes feel more comfortable discussing sensitive information or personal concerns with an external coach than with their line manager. This can lead to resolution of ‘unspoken’ problems that have been interfering with performance.
A fresh perspective
An external coach can bring a fresh perspective on people and events in your school or college. This means they can notice patterns and make connections that are not apparent to those on the inside. Therefore, our Coaches can act as a valuable ‘sounding board’ for people’s thinking – by asking questions, listening and giving feedback from the perspective of an outsider.
A strong focus on your staff’s needs
Because the external coach does not have the direct responsibilities of a manager, their entire attention can be devoted to your staff’s needs during a session. This can lead to an intensive, high-energy form of coaching that can produce significant results in a short time. In longer term coaching, it can provide a very strong foundation for an individual’s development.
Highly developed coaching skills
Typically, external coaches have received a more extensive coaching training than managers, and have spent more time coaching people. This means your school or college benefits from highly developed coaching skills and a wealth of coaching experience.
In addition to their accredited coaching skills, our external coaches have specialist expertise that makes them particularly suited to certain coaching assignments. Specialisms include middle and senior leadership, conflict management, emotional intelligence and resilience.
- bespoke 1 to 1 coaching (face 2 face, or by phone, or Skype)
- coaching training for School Leaders and staff – coaching learners
- coaching training for School Leaders and staff – coaching staff
- 1 to 1 coaching session – £85.
- 5 staff coached 1 to 1 – £200 per day.
- 5 staff coached 1 to 1 over 6 days – £1150. This is a total of 30 sessions, spread across a half term, term, or full academic year.
- Staff training on pupil coaching – please get in touch.
- Staff training on coaching other staff – please get in touch.